Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Simple Salmon Artichoke Mixin

When it comes to planning meals my pantry looks like this:

When coming back from the grocery store and trying to put food away it looks like this:

I don't know where it comes from I swear.  Maybe it has something to do with the 3 different types of flour and the tuna packets deciding it's a good day to multiply, maybe it has something to do with my inability to say no to a deal. (not without coups, baby. not without coups)  So it was time to say no to having to run out to my second most visited store *cough* Kroger *cough* and use what my pantry/fridge/secret hiding space above my fridge (hint: it's where the liquor & chocolate are) produced.


Simple Salmon Artichoke "Mixin" -> stealing straight from Cold Stone on that name because this works best as an addition for whatever pasta/rice/bread product of you choice it.  I had mine with some gnocchi following the theme of how did that sneak in there!?!


1 can salmon
1 tbsp white wine
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp Italian herbs, aka parsley, lemon zest, McCormick's special blend
2 artichoke hearts, chopped
2-3 scallions, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/8 cup parmesan cheese shredded

Open the salmon into a bowl and chop up  Add the rest of the ingredients except the cheese & oil and mix.


The next part I do because I love everything having a warm dinner.  Heat the oil in a sauce pan; add mixture.  Stir for a few minutes until slightly warm.  Fold in cheese.


Mix til the cheese is a bit soft then turn off the heat.  Serve over your choice of pasta!  Easy, quick and helps cut through the endless stock of... seriously?  Peanuts, almonds, walnuts, AND pistachios?  Tune in tomorrow for "simple nut medley"

</sidebar>

No comments:

Post a Comment